Zucchini with Potatoes and Thyme
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds waxy potatoes (such as Yukon Gold) peeled, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 3 cloves garlic quartered
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini cut into 1/2" cubes
- Heat 3 Tbsp. oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Combine potatoes and garlic in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add potato mixture to hot skillet. Without stirring or moving pan, cook potatoes until light golden brown on one side (this will prevent sticking), 3–4 minutes. Using a spatula, toss potatoes and cook until light golden brown on all sides and cooked through, 8–10 minutes longer.
- Add thyme; toss to coat. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same skillet. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook until light golden brown and tender but not mushy, 5–6 minutes. Add to bowl with potatoes and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.