Lemony Broccoli Salad
- 1 large head broccoli cut into 1-inch florets, stems peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 small shallot minced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli florets and stems and cook until bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the broccoli under cold water until cooled; pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest and shallot and season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, toss to coat and serve.