Deep-Fried Zucchini Tempura with Tzatziki
- 6 zucchini tender and without many seeds
- 12 oz. beer
- Flour as necessary (about 7 oz.)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 2 tubs Greek strained yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill or spearmint chopped
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber grated and liquids squeezed out, unpeeled
Prepare the Batter:
- Pour the beer into a bowl and gradually add the sifted flour, salt, and pepper.
- Combine with a whisk until the batter is fairly loose, without lumps. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash the zucchini. If small, cut lengthways. If larger, cut into round slices. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 15 minutes. Pat dry thoroughly with a kitchen towel or kitchen paper.
- Dip the zucchini into the batter and fry in the olive oil until golden. Put on absorbent kitchen paper to remove excess oil and serve
- Put the yogurt, minced garlic, salt, vinegar, dill, olive oil and dried shredded cucumber in a bowl.
- Combine well, until all the ingredients are incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator and serve once cool.