Beets with Walnuts, Goat Cheese, and Baby Greens
- 6 medium beets (red and golden) about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese 2 ounces
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Leave root and 1-inchstem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets and 1 cup water in a 13 x 9-inchglass or ceramic baking dish; cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until tender. Cool beets slightly. Trim off roots; rub off skins. Cut beets into wedges; cool completely.
- Place greens and parsley in a large bowl; toss. Combine vinegar, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Gradually drizzle in oil, stirring constantly with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over greens mixture; toss gently. Arrange 1 cup salad on each of 8plates; top evenly with beets. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 11/2 teaspoons nuts.