Sautéed Beet Greens
- 1 bunch beet greens
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. golden raisins
- 1 lemon wedge
- 1 tbsp. chopped walnuts or pistachios
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Separate the stems from the beet greens. Finely chop the stems and coarsely chop the leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and the beet stems and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the beet greens, a few pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sauté, tossing, until just wilted.
- Turn off the heat, add the raisins, a big squeeze of lemon, and toss. Transfer to a platter, top with the walnuts and season to taste with more salt and pepper.