Rigatoni Chard Toss
- 8 oz. rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch chard coarse chop
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. crushed pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. fennel seed crushed
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add Swiss chard and onion; cook and stir 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes, beans, salt, pepper flakes, fennel and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until chard is tender.
- Drain rigatoni, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Add rigatoni, pasta water and basil to skillet; toss to combine. Serve with cheese.