Wilted Chard with Shallots and Vinegar
- 1 bunch Swiss chard ribs and stems separated from leaves
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced into rings
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Cut Swiss chard stems into very small pieces. Tear leaves into 2" pieces and rinse well (you’ll want some water still clinging to the leaves).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chard stems, shallots, and garlic and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are starting to soften but haven’t taken on any color, about 2 minutes. Add chard leaves, season with salt, and cook, tossing occasionally, until leaves are tender and have released some liquid, about 3 minutes (stems will have a bit of crunch). Mix in vinegar; taste and season with more salt if needed.