Potatoes, Leeks, and Carrots in Parchment
- 3/4 pound small new potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 medium leeks (white parts only) halved lengthwise, rinsed well, and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound carrots cut into thin 3-inch sticks
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter optional, cut into small pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes, leeks, carrots, thyme, and butter (if using) in center of a 24-inch-long piece of parchment. Season with salt and pepper. Fold into a twist or envelope shape.
- Place packet on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until packet is puffed up and potatoes are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.