Quick and Easy Vegetable Soup
- olive oil
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 2 ribs celery diced fine
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14 oz.
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 5 cups assorted vegetables cut into small pieces (broccoli,zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, tomatoes, etc…)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Sour cream and green onions to garnish optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Cook the carrot, onion and celery until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add the vegetables, season to taste with salt/pepper/red pepper flakes.
- Return to a boil, then reduce to simmer (about 15 minutes).
- Either puree (if you like that consistency), or leave chunky.
- Ladle into bowls, then add a tablespoon of sour cream, and some green onions to each, and serve.