Apple Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 8 cups chopped red leaf lettuce about 1 large head
- 1 medium apple thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 3/4 cup walnut halves toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and honey. Whisk until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Assemble the salad: in a large bowl combine the lettuce, apples, red onions, walnuts, and feta. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve immediately. You’ll have leftover vinaigrette, which can be refrigerated in an airtight container for at least one week, if not more.