Low Carb Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
- 2 tbsp butter avocado oil may be substituted fro dairy-free
- 1 pound red cabbage about 1/2 head thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 whole star anise
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt optional
- black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat a stainless steel pan over medium heat. I used this pan. Add butter.
- When butter has melted, add cabbage. Cook cabbage stirring frequently until slightly softened,about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar and the star anise.
- Add the red wine vinegar. Bring to a simmer, then turn heat to low. Cook until cabbage is tender, stirring frequently, until cabbage is tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if desired.