Potato Leek Soup with Kale
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks white and light parts only
- 2 1/4 cups diced and peeled yukon gold potatoes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups chopped kale about 1/2 head
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the leeks, potatoes, and a healthy pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add broth and the kale; simmer until the kale softens and potatoes are fully cooked through about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a heavy-duty blender and puree in batches until the soup is completely smooth. Transfer the pureed soup back the pan and Season with salt and pepper and top with a dollop of creme fraiche or sour cream if desired and a drizzle of olive oil.