- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 roma tomatoes cored and diced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tortillas charred
- Avocado slices
- Lime wedges
- Homemade salsa or tomatillo salsa
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, tomato, jalapeño, garlic, ¼ teaspoon sea salt, and several grinds of fresh pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until softened. Add the eggs and crumbled chips and stir to scramble. Stir in cheese and remove from the skillet.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, season to taste with more salt and pepper, and serve with tortillas, avocado slices, lime wedges, and salsa.